I get it beautiful...!
I get it beautiful...!
…I’ve been there!
In a podcast interview, someone asked me once: ‘What makes you qualified to be a coach?’
For starters, I am a certified Transformational Nutrition Coach – having studied psychology, the science of nutrition, life coaching, and spirituality but I honestly don’t believe that’s what makes me a great coach. I believe it is my life experience and what I have been through having come out the other side that enables me to help others so profoundly.
I’ve personally overcome anorexia, bulimia, binge eating disorder, and a fitness obsession. I’ve struggled with poor body image and disordered eating for over 20 years.
I’ve encountered a 6-year long abusive relationship where I wasn’t “allowed” to go to my sister’s wedding or see her firstborn child. I was “forbidden” to see my friends or family or go to work. And I was hit and abused daily. When I managed to leave, I was left with a huge debt that was unknowingly put in my name, no car, no job, no friends, no self-esteem and so I rebuilt my life.
I’ve also been engaged to the “perfect man” (on paper) – sent out wedding invites, only to feel that it just didn’t feel right. So I broke his heart, left our home and rebuilt my life (again).
I met the love of my life in Egypt on holiday, moved countries to be with him, left the secure life that I had created behind and re-built it (pattern immerging here!) in The Netherlands. (I’m not going to lie, not long after I moved, I sat there and asked myself “What the F have I done..?!”)
Now I do what I love with the people I love. I live in The Netherlands with my fiance Wouter and regularly travel back to the UK to visit friends and family. I coach and mentor women from all around the globe, speak at worldwide events and write for Live Love And Eat Magazine.
I am so happy with the relationship I have with food and my body – which is now motivated by freedom and nourishment in every way. I have an abundance of self-love which enables me to give my love so powerfully to others.
I’m the healthiest and strongest version of me – physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually – and I’m only getting better. I constantly invest in myself so that I am continuously expanding my knowledge and expertise which enables me to serve my clients powerfully.
When I say ‘You really can have it all’ – food and body freedom with an infinite well of self-love within – I’m speaking from experience, not just repeating a fancy catchphrase.
I believe that everything I’ve got, you can have, too. And more. If you’re willing to do the inner work to get there.
I absolutely believe in coaching and mentoring. Over the years, I’ve seen the profound effects it has had on my clients, as well as experiencing it myself.
My goal is to help millions of women to break free from the diet-binge cycle, to heal their relationship with food and to love themselves and their body.
An endless amount of possibilities open up for us when we’re no longer obsessed with what we eat and how our bodies look. There is an abundance of self-love, peace and joy within us, that is only accessible to us when we learn how to trust ourselves and our bodies.
I relish in creating an environment where you believe in yourself wholeheartedly and your food and body “issues” become a distant memory.
You will be effortlessly making nutrition choices that serve you and you will be confidently showing up in the world as the real you.
Other things about me:
- I will believe in you until you believe in yourself
- I’m certified as a Transformational Nutrition Coach
- My gift is the fierce love and support I give to others along with my radiant energy healing.
- I’m a qualified Personal Trainer and I love fitness
- I’m a horse rider and for most of my life I’ve trained young horses and show jumped regularly
- I love all animals <3
- I love our fur baby Hero a bit “too much” for saying he’s a dog
- I cry at most movies
- I love food
- I find it hard to sit still and do nothing (but I’m consistently working at it!)
- I’m a bit of a clean freak (I had OCD tendencies when I was anorexic)
- I never wanted to get married or have kids (I’m currently engaged so I’m half-way there!)
- I believe in a higher power which I like to call “magic”
- I believe life is supposed to be joyous, fun and bursting with love
- I sleep wearing PJ’s and socks otherwise I’m cold!
- When I’m away from home, I have to have a pillow as a “substitute” Wouter!
- I sometimes cry tears of joy for no reason
- I still have days where I’m like “Do I even know what I’m doing…?!”
- I love to sleep and get at least 8 hours every night
- I’m slightly obsessed with cookie dough
- I can’t stop thinking about my clients
- I have a full sister Michelle and a half-sister, Sally (girl power in our family)
- I push myself out of my comfort zone as often as possible
- I put difficult situations into perspective by imagining myself on my deathbed and asking “Will this really matter?”
- I can see the potential in you before you can see it in yourself