I have George Mycock joining me today to discuss all things mental health and eating disorders.
George is the CEO and founder of Myo Minds and Myominds’ mission statement is:
“To demystify mental health and make sharing mainstream for exercisers and athletes. Creating a future of understanding in the exercising community.”
Key points we cover during our conversation
- What recovery means to George
- What are the main causes of eating disorders?
- Why hearing other people’s stories about their eating disorders and mental health struggles helps with recovery
- The correlation or causation that shows athletes and those who work out regularly are more prone to disordered eating.
- George’s plans are going forward to bring more awareness to disordered eating.