How to be body confident with Body Positive Influencer Ellie Sweet
Ellie is a self-love and body confidence influencer from the UK. She is so passionate about showing people how to live a happier life, whether that is through self-love, body confidence, mental health or whatever else. She talks about topics she believes are important and/or taboo such as sexual wellness and period positivity as well as posting about fashion, skincare and makeup. She is greatly loved for her honesty, positivity and confidence.
“If I can get more people to accept themselves and realise the way we look is the least important thing about us and that we shouldn’t let our insecurities rule our life then I’ve achieved what I wanted.”
These are the questions I asked Ellie
- Ellie, how did you become the incredible influencer that you are today?
- Why do you think women are so hung up on the way they look?
- Let’s dive straight into most women’s biggest fear… weight gain. Have you previously been sacred about gaining weight and if so how did you overcome that?
- What would you say to someone who worries about what others think of them and their appearance?
- Do you think it’s possible for someone to go from hating a part of their body to genuinely loving the way it looks?
- Do you think mirror avoidance is ever helpful and do you personally do any mirror work?
- I believe that “Confidence is the sexiest thing we can wear” but how can we feel confident when we don’t like the way our bodies look? How can we put on a bikini or sexy lingerie and embrace that?
- Many women I work with have a difficult relationship with pleasure and I’ve personally experienced this too… the underlying belief we uncover resembles:
“I’m not worthy of pleasure until I reach my body goal / have stuck to my diet for a month / look good naked” etc…
What are your thoughts on this?
- What 3 tips would you give to someone to help them start accepting their body?
Connect with Ellie:
The Book “It’s ok not to be ok”